Charcoal bleach for hair is an emerging trend gaining popularity as a natural alternative to conventional hair bleaching treatments. Activated charcoal, known for its detoxifying properties, is now used to lighten and brighten hair in hair care products.
This unique approach to hair lightening has several benefits, including being gentler on the hair, causing less damage than conventional bleaching treatments, and producing a more natural appearance. You may obtain a range of lightening effects with charcoal bleach, from subtle highlights to dramatic platinum blonde.
- Charcoal bleach is a natural alternative to traditional hair bleaching products that uses activated charcoal to remove the color from the hair.
- Charcoal bleach can be gentle on the hair, reducing the damage caused by traditional bleaching treatments and resulting in a more natural appearance.
- It’s important to use the right developer and to protect your hair before, during, and after bleaching to get the lightening effect you want.
- After using charcoal bleach, it’s best to use a deep conditioner or hair mask to nourish and protect the hair.
How Charcoal Bleach Works
The chemistry behind charcoal bleach for hair is due to the unique qualities of activated charcoal. Heating carbon-rich substances to extremely high temperatures, such as wood, coconut shells, or peat, produces activated charcoal, also known as activated carbon. This process creates a highly porous material with a large surface area, which makes it highly effective at absorbing impurities and toxins.
Benefits of Charcoal Bleach on Hair
- Removes Stains and Discoloration
When it comes to hair care, activated charcoal is known for its ability to remove stubborn stains and discoloration. It may efficiently lighten and brighten hair, making it a great element for individuals who wish to create a more dramatic color change.
Similar to how it absorbs toxins from the body, charcoal bleach removes hair pigments by binding to them and removing them. This enables a more progressive and natural whitening procedure, as opposed to standard hair bleach, which can be harsh and harmful.
- Detoxifying Properties
Activated charcoal is known for its detoxifying properties. When applied to the hair, it helps in removing impurities and buildup, leaving the hair looking and feeling healthier. This is ideal for those with oily or greasy hair, as it can help regulate sebum production and keep hair cleaner for longer.
- Gentle on Hair
Charcoal bleach is more gentle on the hair than traditional hair bleach. Traditional bleach can damage hair by causing dryness, breakage, and split ends. In contrast, charcoal bleach is gentler and can help protect the integrity of the hair. This is especially beneficial for individuals with sensitive scalps or damaged hair.
Related: How Much is Hair Bleach? A Guide to Affordable Hair Bleaching
Best Charcoal Bleach for Hair
When it comes to charcoal hair bleaching products, it’s important to look for ones that use high-quality, natural ingredients. The main ingredient in these products is activated charcoal.
Some other ingredients that can be good for hair care include coconut oil, keratin, and hydrolyzed proteins. Also, check to see if the product you want to buy has any side effects. Here are some of the best charcoal bleach for hair products.
Related: How to Bleach Bath Hair to Remove Color
Best Charcoal Bleach for Dark Hair
The Wella Color Charm Powder Lightener features a dust-free, friendly, and effective solution. It allows for up to seven levels of targeted lightening lift and is infused with natural oils to aid moisture retention and prevent dry hair after bleaching. It is also compatible with on- and off-scalp lightening techniques.
Mostly bleaching dark hair may cause dryness and can damage the scalp. The hair bleach contains an oil system that seals in moisture. This protects your hair and scalp from bleach’s drying effects. Consequently, whether you choose full-head lightening or balayage highlights, you may anticipate controlled and consistent results.
- Up to seven levels of lift Dustless formulation
- Great for foiling and balayage highlights, lightening the whole head, treating regrowth, and correcting color.
- A protective oil system aids in retaining moisture.
- Up to seven levels of lift
- Moisturizing oil system;
- Dust-free formula
- Developer is sold separately
Ingredients: Potassium Persulfate, Magnesium Carbonate Hydroxide, Sodium Silicate, Xanthan Gum, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Algin, Mineral Oil, Disodium EDTA, Silica
- In a non-metal bowl, combine 1 ounce of Color Charm Powder Lightener with 1.5 to 2 ounces of Wella Developer (from 20 to 40 Vol) for application off the scalp.
- For scalp application, combine 1 ounce of Color Charm Powder Lightener with 2 ounces of Wella Creme Developer to create 20 Vol Creme Developer.
- Don’t take more than 50 minutes to process.
Check the Wella Color Charm Powder Lightener’s latest prices on Amazon
Best Charcoal Bleach for Thick Hair
This product has an Integrated bleaching technology for multiple blonde outcomes with yellow-neutralizing technology to eliminate any warm undertones.
If your hair is long and thick, you know it can be heavy and prone to tangles and breakage when subjected to bleaching. This product is compatible with all hair lightening/bleaching methods and has deep conditioning that protects thick hair from tangles and breakage, making it the best for thick hair.
- Six to seven controlled and dependable lightening lift levels
- Protective oil system that helps seal moisture, leaving the hair glossy, silky, healthy, and resilient.
- It is a scalp-free highlighting powder that can provide rapid lifting action.
- It’s dust-free to prevent powder from escaping.
- Coconut fragrance
- A variable mixing ratio allows for individual customization of the consistency.
- It contains anti-yellow compounds that reduce orange/yellow undertones during bleaching.
- Perfect Blond helps produce excellent results across the entire blonde hair spectrum.
- It has a compact formulation with premium high-performance powder for up to six to seven levels of lift without harming the hair.
- Must be used with developer
Ingredients: Disodium Silicate, Potassium Persulfate, Mineral Oil, Magnesium Carbonate Hydroxide, Ammonium Persulfate, Sulfuric acid, sodium salts, Xanthan gum, White mineral oil, mono-C12-14-alkyl esters, Sodium aluminosilicate violet.
- Mix 1 scoop Perfect Blond with 1 fl. oz. (30ml ) of 10 to 40 volume Developer.
- Stir the mixture, and then using a tint brush apply it on the locks of hair you want to bleach.
- The process will take around 15-20 minutes
Check the Perfect Blond Extra Strength’s latest prices on Amazon
Best Charcoal Bleach for Brown Hair
It is a dust-free bleach powder formulation that permits uniform application and results. This bleach kit has everything necessary to go from dark brown to blonde. You will receive a bleach powder that is dust-free, developer cream of 30 volume, tub, a brush, a plastic cap, and gloves, making this one of the best bleach kits for dark brown hair.
Since this product comes with a developer, it makes the process of transforming dark brown hair into attractive blonde hair quite smooth. You can use this product with its 30-volume developer cream on natural black, and dark, medium, and light brown hair. Depending on your starting level, it produces results that range from medium to light blonde.
- Developer cream of 30 Volume cream d – This kit eliminates yellow tones and lightens hair by up to seven levels. This package comprises a high-quality hair bleach that conditions hair for the application of intense hair dye colors.
- Mega blue powder – This powder neutralizes warm colors in hair during the process of bleaching. This kit enables consistent lifting and the elimination of yellow tones.
- The package contains a bleach powder that is dust free with Mega Blue Toner, a developer cream of 30-volume, tint brush, a mixing bowl, a pair of plastic gloves, a plastic cap, and directions for use.
- Vegan, cruelty-free -This package contains vegan substances tried on famous people, not animals. American-made hair color that is PPD- and free of ammonia, paraben, g, and phthalate. It also approved by PETA.
- This Hair Bleach and Developer cream of 30-volume is meant for natural black, dark, medium, and light brown hair to obtain results between medium blonde and light blonde.
- It is a complete hair-lightening kit with seven levels of lift
- Comes with its own developer
- Neutralizes warm colors in the hair throughout the process of bleaching.
- Potentially irritating
Ingredients: Hydrolyzed Quinoa that keeps hair wet. Moisturizing formulation with sunflower and coconut oil that contains castor oil and vegetable protein to moisturize and nourish hair during the lightening process.
- Wearing the provided gloves, carefully open the bleach plastic bag. Do not inhale the powder.
- Empty the full bleach powder container into the provided tub.
- Add the entire of the developer to the powdered bleach in the plastic container. Using the provided brush, dissolve the powder until there are no remaining lumps. Combine and blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Allow it to stand for a minute. The combination will intensify in density.
- Avoid direct contact with the scalp as you apply the mixture to your hair
Check the Manic Panic’s latest prices on Amazon
Best Charcoal Bleach for Lifting
Blonde Plex is a lightening and care system that strengthens and protects the hair. It delivers the perfect combination of natural oils, amino acids, vitamins, and proteins that hair needs after a lightening process.
It contains high-purity Ultramarine violet mineral pigments to neutralize unwanted yellow stones. Blonde Plex has a high-level lift with no damage and contains Innovative Formula With Arginine Amino Acids and Keratin, making it the best for lifting.
- For Dark Hair, Brown Hair, Red Hair, Blonde Hair, and Curly Hair (Lift to 10X Levels), Dust Free.
- Cool-Toned & Bright Finish, Prepares Hair For Ash & Grey Tones, Anti Yellow High-Level Lift Without Damage, Innovative Formula With Arginine Amino Acids & Keratin Restore Nourishing Ingredients During the Bleaching Process.
- Intense bleaching powder with pure and uniform results without the risk of brassy or warm tones.
- It restores nutritive ingredients during the lightening process.
- Lift up to 10x level.
- Hair dryness
Ingredients: Charcoal Lightner Powder that contains Plex for dark, brown, blond, and curly hair, a lift of 10X no of levels and is dust free.
- Mix Oxidizing Emulsion Cream of 60 ml at 10 to 40 Volumes per 30 grams of Bleach Powder Dust Free in a plastic bowl, depending on the desired bleaching effect and mix.
- Using a tint brush, apply it to the strands of hair you wish to bleach.
- The application should take up to 15 minutes for moderate lightening and up to 30 minutes for stains or extreme lightening, depending on the amount of peroxide employed.
Check the Hair Bar NYC Blond Blond’s latest prices on Amazon
Tips for Using Charcoal Bleach
- Do a patch test: Before applying charcoal bleach to your entire head, it is vital to perform a patch test to guarantee that you will not experience any allergic responses. Apply a tiny amount of the product to a small area of skin, such as behind the ear, and observe for 24 hours for any signs of irritation.
- Use a hair protectant: Since charcoal bleach can be harsh on the hair, it is essential to use a hair protectant before, during, and after bleaching. This can aid in minimizing hair damage and maintaining its healthy appearance and texture.
- Consult a qualified stylist: If you are uncertain about how to use charcoal bleach or what developer strength to employ, it is preferable to consult a professional stylist. They can help you get the desired lightening result with minimal hair damage.
- Follow the guidelines: Always read and carefully follow the instructions on the charcoal bleach packaging before using the product. This will ensure that the desired lightening result is achieved with little hair damage.
- Be patient: Charcoal hair bleach can take longer to process than conventional hair bleach, so be patient and wait for the suggested processing time.
- After-care: After using charcoal bleach, it is essential to treat the hair with a deep conditioning treatment to feed and protect it. This will aid in minimizing damage and maintaining healthy hair appearance and texture.
- Consider your hair type: charcoal hair bleach is not appropriate for all hair types; it is advised for people with light to medium hair color and may not work on darker hair.
Charcoal bleach can be a terrific way to lighten and brighten your hair, but following the directions is important to achieving the desired impact while minimizing hair damage. Consult a professional stylist if you have any questions, and treat your hair well following the treatment.
Best Charcoal Bleach for Hair: FAQs
- Does Charcoal Bleach Damage Hair?
One drawback of using charcoal bleach is that it can leave the hair feeling dry and brittle.
Therefore, it is essential to ensure proper maintenance after bleaching,
- Where to Buy Charcoal Bleach for Hair?
- Is Charcoal Beneficial to Blonde Hair?
Yes, it keeps your hair healthy and nourished while precisely preserving your blonde hair.
- Is Charcoal Beneficial for the Hair?
Yes, the bleach’s presence of activated charcoal purifies the hair and scalp. It targets oily and prone-to-oily hair, restricting the growth of excess sebum for a volumizing impact. It absorbs oil from the scalp and traps dead skin cells.
Charcoal bleach is an emerging trend gaining popularity as a natural alternative to traditional hair bleaching treatments. The science of charcoal bleach is based on the unique qualities of activated charcoal, which are renowned for their capacity to remove stubborn stains, discoloration, and purifying properties.
Activated charcoal can be gentle on the hair, reducing the damage caused by traditional bleaching treatments and producing a more natural appearance. To obtain the desired lightening effect, applying the correct developer and a hair protectant before, during, and after the bleaching procedure is essential. Always consult a professional stylist before using this product, and use a deep conditioner or hair treatment to nourish and protect the hair after using charcoal bleach.
Charcoal bleach products are used for removing color from hair. They come in a variety of formats, from powders to pastes. Perhaps counterintuitively given its dark appearance, charcoal is effective at removing and lightening color.Is charcoal bleach good for your hair? ›
Light Scale Charcoal Bleach lifts up to 10 levels that creates perfect blonde and leaves hair healthy and hydrated. The charcoal not only gives the bleaching paste its characteristic black color, it also neutralizes unwanted yellow/orange undertones whilst purifying the hair.Which bleach lifts the most levels? ›
L'Anza Healing Blonde Ultra Blonding Decolorizer
If you're going platinum blonde, you'll need a bleach that offers the maximum number of lift levels (nine), like L'Anza's Healing Blonde. This decolorizer also contains bluish anti-yellowing pigments, plus arginine to help strengthen your hair and make it more elastic.
Its gentle, progressive lightening formula that lifts up to 10 levels and can be left on the hair for up to 90 minutes—longer than the standard maximum processing time of normal bleaches.What bleaches better than bleach? ›
Oxygen bleach Oxygen bleach (like OxiClean) is an alternative to chlorine bleach, and it's safe for many fabrics. You can use it to remove stains on colors, as well as whites. It doesn't contain scary chemicals and it won't ruin most fabrics—though you should avoid using it on silk or leather.Can you use charcoal bleach on wet hair? ›
No, bleaching your hair after washing is not recommended. Professionals use a spray to dampen the hair strands before bleaching. That's because when the hair is wet from the roots to the ends, it is weaker. Moreover, washing your hair strips away the natural oils that serve as a protective barrier.What does charcoal shampoo do to bleached hair? ›
It can help to remove oil, dirt, and product buildup from your hair that can make your blonde color look dull and lifeless. Charcoal shampoo can also help to improve the strength and texture of your hair, and it can even help to reduce yellowing caused by hard water or overuse of styling products.Does black charcoal remove blackheads? ›
But did you know that activated charcoal could be your new secret weapon against blackheads? This natural ingredient is extremely porous, which means it's great at absorbing blackhead-causing impurities like dirt and bacteria from your skin.